As Dave Ramsey says, poor is an attitude.
Dave’s blog readers and radio listeners for the most common excuses they hear from friends and family who are up to their eyeballs in debt and unwilling to change. If you find yourself struggling with any of these 25 myths, click on the following links to learn how to change your life and start on the true path to financial peace.
1. I’ll save next year when I’m making more money.
2. At my age, it’s too late anyway.
3. Why save money? You can’t take it with you when you die.
4. Old cars just aren’t as safe.
5. What’s wrong with a 72-month car payment?
6. My car is an investment.
7. Buying used is just inheriting someone else’s problems.
8. Whatever you want, dear.
9. I just want my kids to have it better than I did.
10. But that new RV will help our family bond.
11. We’ll pay it off when the tax return comes in.
12. I’ll start my budget next month.
13. I’ll worry about the future when it gets here.
14. If everyone stopped borrowing money, the economy would fail.
15. I must be able to afford it if I was approved for the loan.
16. I need a house payment for tax purposes.
17. You’re only young once, right?
18. But we’re on vacation.
19. I work hard. I deserve it.
20. Why make more money? Uncle Sam will just take it all away.
21. The little man can’t get ahead.
22. If I earn too much I’ll lose my public assistance.
23. My rich grandparents are going to leave me money.
24. I can’t afford insurance. But hey, my weed eater has a three-year extended warranty.
25. It’s okay. I have overdraft protection.
If you want to win with money in the long term, you have to stop making excuses in the short term. It’s as simple as that. Change your attitude, and you’ll begin to change your life.
To be able to change start but making some order first!
It is time for a reality check!
- Take an ordinary piece of paper
- Write down a basic list of your expenses
- Now write down a list of your available funds
- Do the math
- Read and study financial literacy, start with Rich Dad Poor Dad.
Lack of money is no obstacle, lack of an idea is an obstacle. – Ken Hakuta
Use your imagination – Visualize yourself in abundance
Hear the right tones – Connect to youtube and hear meditation for abundance
Write your right words – Sit and write your purpose, focus on your desire for abundance.